Lonely and Horny

I recently, finally got the chance to rent 'Lonely and Horny' on Vimeo, a short original series by Jake Hurwitz and Amir Blumenfeld.


Now, here's some backstory:

I've been a fan of Jake and Amir, I think since either 8th grade or freshman year of high school. I've always loved their web series, and I still find myself constantly quoting all the dumb jokes from it that I thought were insanely funny. Since last November-ish, I started binging their If I Were You Podcast,  the only advice podcast on the internet, hosted by them.

When they ended Jake and Amir to start working on their TV Show pilot/series, I was so ecstatic and couldn't wait for it to air. I couldn't see any reason as to why it wouldn't be greenlighted. Needless to say, I  was very annoyed and disappointed when it didn't get picked up. It was so heartbreaking, I loved their series for so long, and now they end their web series, and don't even get a TV spinoff of said series? It was so tragic for me I thought it was the last I'd ever hear of Jake and Amir.

But now, they've come back from their content hiatus. Well, that's an exaggeration. They did create their own podcast network, with 46 different and unique podcasts included on it. They've been touring for these podcasts, not only all over the states but also all over the world. So they've definitely been busy. But I've always craved that old straight man-goofy character dynamic between them that I thought I'd never get back.

My favorite episodes are Pickup Lines and Orion Pt. 2, just because the dialogue is great. I really hope they decide to make a season two this year or next because I really want to see the evolution, and what's next for Ruby Jade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top