Keep Moving Forward

The words I'd like to live by are 'Keep Moving Forward'.

Sound familiar? Might be if you've seen the best animated pixar movie ever, 'Meet the Robinsons". My longtime favorite Pixar movie, that makes me cry nearly everytime I watch it. Basically, a little orphan boy who is trying to go back in time to meet his mother, meets his family in the future and realizes he doesn't need to dwell on his past because he has a future.

This movie is so important to me not just because of how good it is but also because of the message. The moral of letting go of the past and moving on is such a good mentality to have. There's plenty of regrets in life where you wish you could go back to see what would be different if you made different choices. But the truth of life is, is that once something is done, there is no time machine to go back in time and change the past. The only thing you can do is move on from what happened, and from then on do everything in your life with meaning and purpose. Keep Moving Forward.

In the movie, there's another orphan boy, who doesn't let go of his past and doesn't change his ways, which results in him trying to alleviate his bitterness by trying to get revenge. It obviously doesn't work, and he just ends up unpleased with himself by the climax of the movie. Because he couldn't let go of what happened before, he ended up unhappy for the next 15 years.

Holding grudges is an unhealthy and detrimental things to hold onto, especially ones with yourself. I will admit, I can be petty sometimes, and do resent people who disrespect my livelihood, but I try not to punish myself for things. The most important relationship in your life is the one with yourself. No one's feelings or health affects you like your own, so don't forget to love yourself.



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top